Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Mommy Vacation

I can't believe I only posted 3 times in September. I am definitely slacking. But really, not much has been going on. While it was nice out we'd walk or go to the playground (Grant loves the playground) before bedtime. Football season started so we have had lots of weekend visitors. And yesterday I got back from a little vacation to California to see a friend. Grandma came to visit the weekend I was gone to give Troy a break and give him time to get a few of the million little projects around the house done. They went to the library for Touch a Truck on Saturday (I will post pictures later) and just hung out. When the boys came to the airport to pick me up, Grant came up to me and said Mommy, and then promptly wanted to go on the escalators. He was fascinated. He kept trying to squirm out of my arms to go to them and saying "whee!" as we walked by. I couldn't believe how big he looked! He looked so tall and toddler like, not like a baby at all. It's crazy how 4 days made a difference in how I saw him. And he seemed to be talking a lot more too, repeating words and trying to say things. I'm sure he was like that before, but going without seeing him made everything seem different. It was very nice to get away, but I'm glad to be home with the boys now.

No comments: