The other night Grant started crying in the middle of the nigh. When I went in to check on him, his pacifier was on the floor, so I picked it up and gave it back to him. Instead of just putting it in his mouth and going back to sleep, he told me thank you. I almost laughed out loud. I had to go in there a second time that night, and he again told me thank you when I gave him back his pacifier. He's so funny.
One of the many blog posts I've had in my head and never written is about how often he says thank you. I think for probably 2 months now he's been saying thank you. When he first started saying it you could tell he was so proud of himself for saying it. He would purposely do things so we would tell him thank you, and if we didn't say it fast enough he would say it first. He still says thank you almost every time we give him something, from water to a toy to candy. And he's so cute when he says it, I think it will be something I never forget. I hope he continues to be a polite little boy as he grows up. One thing I hope doesn't continue is "no, mine." The daughter of our new sitter has some sharing issues and is ALWAYS saying "no mine" whether Grant is trying to get whatever she has or not. He has taken to saying "no mine" instead of just no. For example, we'll ask him if he wants more grapes and he'll answer "no mine." So much fun. So far that's the worst thing he's learned from the kids at the sitter's, so I guess I can't complain too much.
No comments:
Post a Comment