Thursday, October 30, 2008

Moving on up

Grant loves to stand. He hasn't figured out how to do it on his own or by using the furniture yet. He always wants to use our hands so he can get on his knees and then up on his feet. After that he can use some furniture to stand. He'll scoot up to us and pull on our pants and whine until we put our hands down for him. He really is starting to master the whine! Yesterday I was trying to get him to use the bottom step to pull himself up to his knees. Miles went up a few steps and stopped to watch. Grant absolutely loves Miles, so he pulled himself up to his knees with the first step, stood up, reached for the next step, got up on his knees and was trying to make it to the second step. I couldn't believe he was actually climbing the steps. I stopped him from getting to the next step but I think as long as Miles would have stayed there Grant would have kept going. Guess we'll have to install that baby gate sooner than we thought.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, he is growing SO fast!!!! He'll be chasing Miles pretty soon....poor Miles. He has no idea what he is in for!!! Maybe he shouldn't have knocked over your glasses or messed with your Christmas ornaments! :) Can't wait to see you and the little man soon!!