Thursday, July 3, 2008

Day of Firsts

Troy was off today so he brought Grant to the library for his first storytime. Yay! Grant smiled during Skinnamarink, couldn't take his eyes off Miss Jo and loved watching the other babies and kids in the room. By the end he was even talking and singing along to the songs. Right as babytime started, Troy said he smelled something. I have a bad cold and didn't smell anything so I tried to do a diaper check. Sure enough, he had a messy diaper. Since babytime had just started I didn't want to take him out so we took our chances. I should say I took my chance since I was the one holding him. My luck ran out and I ended up with some mess on my pants. That brings us to the next first: first time getting a diaper changed in a public restroom. And Troy was the lucky one to do it. I went to the lobby to wait for them and could hear Grant screaming...

And the last first is: first time in the high chair! We're going to try rice cereal in the next week or so and we thought we'd give him a test run in the chair while we ate. He likes sitting up like a big boy and played with his toys the entire time we ate. Stay tuned for the "first food" pictures coming soon. :)



1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great DAD!!!

He will love his cereal! Just like Daddy.