
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Back to work
I went back to work yesterday. I have no idea where the past 12 weeks have gone. I think I should get 12 more off at least. The first bunch of weeks are such a blur of sleepless stupor and trying to figure each other out. Now we're having more fun and I have to go back to work. I had a really hard time Sunday night. I didn't go into work until 2 Monday so I had all morning to think about leaving him. He didn't cry while I was at the sitter's with him and he actually smiled at me when they walked me to the door. I cried half way to work, then everyone at work was so nice and there were sunflowers on my desk so I cried again. I talked to the sitter once and she said he was doing fine and Troy picked him up a couple hours later. When I got home there were flowers from my boys. Today was a little easier, even though I had to get up super early to get us ready and out the door. I think the rest of the week will be ok, but next week when I'm full time again will be rough. Maybe I'll start playing the lottery...


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hi Mommy! Sorry you are back to work! Hopefully it makes the day go by a little faster though knowing that now you have TWO great guys to go home to! I hope this week goes well for you. Thinking about you.....miss you!
Aren't boys wonderful! Flowers! How sweet!
Oh, Gabrielle-- I've been thinking about you. It's really hard to go back to work unless you have a colicky baby. It will get easier and then it will get harder each time you have a long weekend. Call me if you need anything.
I love this picture. Grant likes giraffes AND cows!
I am super happy to have you back! But am also sad for you too. I think we need to move to Europe where maternity leave is like a year or something!
Post a Comment