Today is day 4 home with pink eye. You'd think I'd have been more productive this week, but no. I feel like all I've been doing is laundry, wiping everything down with antibacterial wipes, going to the dr and going to the pharmacy. Oh and trying not to touch my kids. So here are random things from the week:
-Grant saw something was in the oven and asked what we were having for dinner. When I told him it was meatloaf his face lit up, he clapped his hands and jumped up and down. He was so excited. Fast forward 20 minutes to when it's time to eat and he has a fit because (insert mad yelling voice here) "I don't like meatloaf!!"
-Grant has told us several times this week and that things look "delicious."
-Grant had a fit because we wouldn't put peanut butter on his grilled cheese sandwich.
-Actually, pretty much every dinner starts with about 20 minutes of Grant having a fit about something, then some kind of switch is flipped and he's perfectly pleasant. That's followed by 40 minutes of slow slow eating. When he turns 3 next month he magically stops acting 2, right? Right?
-In preschool they must be talking about choices- good/bad/safe/thumbs up/thumbs down because several times Grant has been mad at me for something and he tells me I'm making bad or thumbs down choices. Or he says he's going to tell on us (he mostly says that to Daddy).
-Today I saw Grant trying to stand on his digger/excavator thing he got for Christmas. I told him he should stop or he would break it. His response: I'm trying to ride it like Bob. That made me laugh out loud. And he really was trying to get on it like that too.
-Grant has started wanting to watch Dora. I hope this is a short phase, I find Dora really annoying. And he calls Go Diego-"Diego Diego".
-Grant has yet another runny nose. Today I tried to get him to wipe it himself. I told him he would need to do it himself at preschool. His response: Miss Diane can do it. When I told him Miss Diane might be busy he said: Miss Beth can do it. Guess he has it covered.
-And not to forget about Leah... she has been laughing a lot more. Last night Daddy got her to laugh by saying boing boing.
-Daycare closed early the other day due to the snow so I had to pick the kids up. I called and asked them to have the kids ready so I didn't have to go into any classrooms. They brought Leah out and put her in her car seat and I started talking to the teacher. Leah looked at me and started talking and I swear it was like she was saying "Oh hi Mommy, why are you here?"
-Leah filled her pants while I was making Grant lunch. When I picked her up to go change her poop was dripping out of her pants. Then when I was trying to change her she kept trying to eat her feet and roll over. What a mess.
-Leah has discovered she can make a new noise with her mouth. Kind of like a farting noise. It's pretty funny.
So basically things are very exciting here.
1 comment:
Never a dull moment at your house!!
Post a Comment