Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Excuses and Other Stories

There hasn't been much posting going on in the past few months. In November we decided to build a house and had to make a million decisions about that. Then came Christmas and Grant-being-sick-no-one-sleeping, then our computer caught some nasty malware and was out of commission for about a month. Also during this time we started to try to get our house ready to sell, all while I was having morning sickness and absolutely exhausted. So all of that means no blogging. But I have lots of cute Grant stories if I can remember them.

Troy usually shaves at night so Grant rarely sees him do it. One night Troy shaved before Grant went to bed and he was fascinated. Later that week Grant picked up the stud finder Troy had been using and put it up to his cheek and said he was shaving. He also was fascinated with Troy's stubbly face one night, staring intently and carefully touching it. He finally said "Daddy iron?" Um, well Daddy needs to shave...

Grant has started reading books to us and he does a remarkable job. We'll only read a book a few times and he'll say the lines on the correct page. We've been reading a big brother book and it's funny to hear him say "pizza, apples and ice cream" "special" and "big brother" at all the right times. This book has a line about the big brother singing a song to the baby and at one reading Grant started singing twinkle twinkle. One day in the car he randomly started saying "down down down goes the trash." It took me a minute to realize he was saying a line from Trashy Town.

One night I was getting Grant ready for bed and he patted by chest and said "Baby in there?" It was really hard not to laugh at him.

One morning Grant woke up and we were too tired to get up yet so we brought him into bed with us. Out of nowhere he goes right up to Troy's face and in a high pitched voice said "tickle tickle!"

He is very much 2 now. He has a fit if you don't give him the snack/drink he wants. He doesn't want to ride in the stroller anymore, he wants to push it. We were in a store over the weekend and he kept trying to touch some nasty black gum stuck in the carpet. When I made him stop he laid down on the floor and had a total tantrum. Fun times.

Troy was working on putting up some drywall in his closet while Grant was in the hall "cleaning" with the broom. After answering Grant's "Daddy Daddy!" Troy stopped answering. Grant decided to have his own conversation with Daddy which went like this: "Daddy. Yes Buddy. I cleaning!" Cracks me up that he said yes buddy just like Troy would have.

Since we've been busy getting the house ready, Grant has gotten to watch a lot more tv lately. One night he woke up crying and when I went in he half asleep said in a sad voice "Watch show!" Troy had to go in a few hours later and Grant said the same thing. The boy likes his shows, the favorites being Wonder Pets and Sesame Street. He also likes Clifford, Jack's Big Music Show and Bunnies (which means Max and Ruby).

Grant has really been in to singing. He especially loves the ABC song, but Wheels on the Bus is a close second. He'll also sing twinkle twinkle, itsy bitsy spider, and the Wonder Pets theme song. He went to a new sitter this week and she said he loved it when they sang songs.

When we go to look at the new house we pass by an area where there is road construction and lots of construction equipment. We get to a certain part of the drive and Grant thinks we're going to see the "i'm dirty's" (backhoe loader from I'm Dirty) He gets so excited when we see them all lined up along the road and he always asks to see another one.

Grant is still super polite. The new sitter commented on it. He rarely says please, but he always is saying thank you and no thank you, sometimes at the funniest times. Such as- Let's put on your shoes Grant, and he says no thank you and walks away.

I'm sure there are tons of other stories I wanted to post. I'll try to get some pictures up soon.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

LOVE them all!!!! I was laughing the whole time!!! He sure sounds like he brings so much joy to every day you have with him. I still laugh over the "I'm dirty's." We had construction in our district and that's what I called them. Teachers thought I was nuts.....until I shared the story. :)

Courtney said...

Muah haha....oh I laughed out loud! thank goodness nobody is in the Library! ;) Can't wait for more!