Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Baby Signing Time

I don't think I've mentioned before how much Grant loves to watch Baby Signing Time. He sits in front of it smiling and mesmerized. He'll walk up to the tv and sign and say baby when he wants to watch it (which is frequently). We bought a portable dvd player to take on vacation for in the car. I had checked out a bunch of dvds from the library, but forgot all of them but the Baby Signing Time ones that I had already packed. Once he figured out he could watch BST in the car he asked for baby all the time. For a few days once we got home, every time we got in the car said baby.

I was just in the kitchen cleaning up and Grant was in the living room being very quiet. I was just about to go in and check on him when I heard BST starting up. I went in there and Grant was on the couch with the remote and a big smile. Somehow he had pressed the right button to start up BST. I guess if he's that smart* then he gets to watch it for a while. And I think we'll need to make sure the remote is put up when we're done!

*I will add we have a fancy remote that with the press of one button turns on the tv and dvd player at the same time. So he didn't press multiple buttons to do this. But still, there are lots of buttons on this remote, so it is amazing he pressed the right one and had the patience for it all to turn on without pressing more buttons.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

He is such a smart little boy. This warms my heart, the teacher in me. :) Does he sign much?