Thursday, April 2, 2009

What's been happening in Grant's world

  • The sitter has been on vacation for a while now so Grant has been getting lots of Mommy and Daddy time. The other day when I went in late and Troy stayed home, Grant had a crying screaming fit when I left. It made me get teary he was so upset. Hopefully he won't act like that at the sitter's today.
  • This weekend we went to visit the grandparents. One time I was changing Grant on my parents' guest bed and used a wind up musical lion for distraction. The lion played "Jesus Loves Me." Guess who was wiggling his little butt to the music while he got changed? I bet you didn't know "Jesus Loves Me" is a great dance song.
  • Grant went to visit the R family cows over the weekend while I was at a bridal shower. Apparently he wasn't too impressed and just wanted to walk around.
  • 2 more teeth on the bottom= a crying unhappy baby.
  • Grant had his first fever this week. It started Tuesday afternoon and got worse as the evening went on. He cried like he hasn't cried since he was a little baby. He just wanted to be held and made pathetic noises when he wasn't crying. He'd only sleep for an hour or so and then he'd cry again. I finally got up and slept in the recliner with him. He looked so uncomfortable but at least he slept. Miles must have felt left out because he tried to join us in the middle of the night. Grant went to the dr yesterday and one of his ears was a little red so now he's on antibiotic. He seems to be acting better today.
  • The toddler in Grant is starting to come out. The other day at lunch I put a piece of sandwich on his tray and before I knew it he had thrown it on the floor (which frequently happens). When I scolded him he looked right at me and gave me a fake laugh. When I told him it wasn't funny and we don't throw food on the floor, he gave me another fake laugh. Isn't he too young for this?
  • Grant helped me plant some flowers this week. And by help I mean stuck his hand in the dirt and then wanted the trowel. I think some toy gardening tools may end up in the Easter basket. Think I can train him to dig up the weeds?

3 comments:

lolerskatingninjachick said...

I've never understood why high chairs don't come enclosed in a series of safety nets--you know, so when they throw food, it just kind of rolls off of the net and lands back on the tray, lol. (Though I suppose it wouldn't work as well for things like juice or pudding.)

Carissa said...

oh, it's never too late for the toddler to come roar it's head!

Lisa said...

I never knew "Jesus Loves Me" was a booty-shakin' dance song!!! You go Grant!!!!