Friday, February 6, 2009

5:45 and other stories

I think Grant has woken up at 5:45 every morning this week. He seems to forget that this is not a mommy approved wake up time. And he doesn't just hang out peacefully in his crib until it's time to get up. He screams and cries hysterically. I know he's still tired. So why doesn't he sleep!?


Grant has really taken off with the walking this week. He walks from room to room and finally figured out how to stand up on his own with out the aid of furniture or legs. One day I put him in his big boy Converse shoes and he did pretty well. He had a little trouble getting his balance sometimes, but other wise he did fine (except for the getting them on and keeping them tied part.)


Grant loves to take things out. Take the shapes out of the sorter bucket. Take the clothes out of the laundry basket (socks are an especially exciting find). Take the diapers off the shelf. He even tries to put the diapers in the diaper genie. I'm kind of surprised he seems to know diapers go in there, but ugh, does he have to keep trying to play with it? Is that what I have to look forward to with a boy- getting into the grossest thing in the room?


Grant can't make up his mind about food (wonder where he got his indecision from?). He wants baby food, he doesn't want baby food. He wants table food, he doesn't want table food. Often all within the span of a single meal. I think maybe he's starting to not like formula too since he's pretty inconsistent with the bottle lately. But he does like his Nuby sippy cup! Finally, a cup that he actually wants to drink from (and not just play with).


And I think sleep has finally just won the 45 minute nap battle...

1 comment:

Heather said...

Ryan regularly wakes up between 5:30 and 6:30 EVERY DAY!!! I can't wait for the time change, then I can at least pretend he's sleeping in.